A Finished Spinning Project

This week has been a wonderful week filled with knitting and spinning.  I'm so happy that I finally finished my Hello Yarn Targhee in the colorway Shadows Parted. 





I started spinning this 4oz of fiber in February.  Before I started spinning it though, I split my roving it into 2 oz, which was split into 12 little buns each of fiber ready for spinning.  My first 2 oz I achieved 164 yards of fingering weight (shown on the left)  and my last 2 oz (finished this week) I achieved 189 yards of fingering weight (shown on the right).  I chain plied both amounts and I couldn't be any happier with my results.

Initially this fiber was being spun for socks and as I mentioned in an earlier post this isn't going to happen as I'm head over heels in love with the finished skeins.  I'm thinking this will be perfect for a shawl or even a cowlette.



I also spun up my small amount of Abundant Earth Fiber in the color Blood Orange.  I found this wool was very interesting to spin as it has a rustic texture about it.  I ended up with 14 yards of fingering weight that was chained plied. 



I plan to spin the other two bumps I received in the colors  Deep Water and Citrine.  I also ordered three more colors from Abundant Earth Fiber in the colors Forage, Skylight and Sugar Snap.  




I'm thinking this will be an experimental spinning project for color work.  I really love the rustic nature of this wool and it reminds me a bit of Shetland wool.  My goal is to spin the remaining bumps, including what I ordered, in fingering weight and chained plied.

Until next time ~ be creative!
Tina

No comments